Out & About…
The accommodation is located in Lincoln’s West End residential area with easy access to all areas of the City. You have the open space of the West Common opposite with views of this from the first floor rooms. The Carholme Golf Course is located opposite the bottom of Hewson Road.
There are a few of Local pubs within easy walking distance;
- The Queen In The West – Moor Street: Real Ales, Sports, quieter lounge area.
- The West End Tap – Newland Street West: Real Ales and a good selection of international lagers.
- The Horse & Groom – Junction of Carholme road and bridge over the Brayford Pool – Real Ales: This pub also does very good food including Sunday Roasts.
Eating out locally
- Obviously you have the Bowl Full Tapas Bar downstairs!!
- Eleanor’s Kitchen – West Parad: Café open during the day serving breakfasts and lunch (and very good coffee), very friendly owners. They are also open on a Friday evening for Pizza night and can do Take Away or eat-in.
- There are a couple of Fish and Chip shops located on Carholme Road and a Chinese take away on West Parade.
- The Horse & Groom Pub as mentioned above.
There is a local convenience store on West Parade (3 mins walk). We have a Co-Op store within the petrol services on Carholme Road just round from the bottom of Hewson Road (5mins walk). Further Along Carholme Road there is a Sainsburys local store (10mins walk).
The City Of Lincoln
10 minute walk
The City has many attractions and places of interest from its stunning Cathedral that sits proudly on the hill to the shops of the high street and the University alongside the Brayford pool .
This is located at the end of Carholme Road – 10 minute walk
The University is located on the edge of Lincolns Brayford Pool. This area has changed a lot over the last few years and now hosts a number or pubs, bars, Restaurants (mainly Chains), Cinema, Theatres and the Engine Shed (Lincolns Live Music Venue).
The High Street
15 minute walk
This is Lincoln’s main shopping area. You have the St. Marks area to the south and then moving north the pedestrianised area of the main High Street. You will also find a number of restaurants and bars in this area.
Steep Hill & The Straight
15 minute walk
This is the street that links the lower High Street area with the uphill Cathedral quarter. The street was voted ‘Britain’s Best Street’. These lovely old streets offer a wide variety of independent and specialty shops, a lot of them housed in the oldest buildings of the city. This shopping area provides a great selection of food and drink, exclusive and vintage clothing, old bookstores and other specialty shops. As you will guess from its name it is a fairly Steep walk!
15 minute walk
This area can be reached by a variety of routes, via Aldermans Walk at the side of the common and then Upper Long Lease Road, the High Street and then Steep Hill or many other variations of route. Uphill Lincoln is home to Lincolns magnificent Cathedral and the Castle that holds the Magna Carta. The area also has many speciality shops, Pubs and Restaurants.
For more information on Lincolns Attractions and what’s on visit www.visitlincoln.com